Monday, June 15, 2009

If only they could feed me to the bears …

I am sure they would. Though you may think Yellowstone National Park exists for the enjoyment of Americans and visitors from far and wide. My recent trip there, however, revealed that instead the park is opposed to the interference of human beings.

Why do I conclude thusly?

Well, it started with the $25 entrance fee. This seems outrageous to me as Mt. Rushmore was $10 and Custer National Park was $12. The outrage doesn’t stop here, friends.

The hotel room which was almost double what we generally pay for a night. Even though we are at a resort, there isn’t any air-conditioning, TV, or wi-fi.

The eco-friendly restaurant boasted sustainably harvested meats, and other “kind” jargon that I don’t put much salt in. The final straw, however, was laid when the bill arrived. We were charged a 4% “Utility Fee.” Allow me to share with you the text from the brochure they furnished upon my inquiry:

To help you fully enjoy this area’s recreation and beautiy, Xanterra Parks and Resorts works in partnership with the National Parks Service to improve facilities. We are deeply committed to environmental stewardship, and to help with the rising costs of servicing our numerous guest facilities, an energy surcharge (wter, sewer, and electricity) of 4.0% is added to your meal.

Further research at the bar (hey, I must be thorough, right?) and guest reception revealed that this charge is added to all purchases at the park.

I leave it to my reader to decide their opinion on this, but to me it smacks of Communism. Thus, after every bill I wrote boldly: “SAY NO TO COMMUNISM.”

I’m sure they leftists pushing this ridiculous hyper-environmentalism would rather just feed people to the bears, whales, wolves etc. One by one, there would be less carbon footprints for the greenies to worry about.

After all, the animals were here first.

1 comment:

  1. Oy vey. It'd be nice if they'd at least provide you with the OPTION to support such endeavors. We did not work our way to the top of the food chain to be vegetarians, ey? :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments!

Followers