Saturday, June 13, 2009

I can't make this stuff up!*

In this journey I have encountered some very interesting phrases and overheard some hilarious conversations. Allow me to share a few with you.

In Jamesport, Missouri:
(Man 1 and Man 2 sit outside antique store while the wives were inside shopping)
Man 1: "I hope my wife doesn't spend any money in there, because we don't have any."
(Man 1 gets up to spit in street, returns to original bench near Man 2)
Man 1: "Is there enough room for me?" (Although Man 2 has not moved an inch)
Man 2 shuffles to one side and says, "I think so"

Unique saying from Lineville, Iowa: "Crazier than a pet coon"

A new noun encountered in Missouri and Iowa: "stool," another name for the toilet

Corydon, Iowa: boasts one hotel named Nodyroc. The Nodyroc hotel is the town's name spelled backwards.

See folks, I can't make this stuff up. I hope it gave you a chuckle.

*Without the help of an additive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!

Followers